The race is on for the hearts and minds of your customers...are you even on the starting blocks?
Okay, blatant plug time...
I've recently relaunched my 'sideline' blog SWEAT EQUITY. Please feel free to check it out, I'd love to hear your thoughts :)
Essentially, the website is forming the basis of a book I'm researching and writing called SWEAT EQUITY: What Small Companies Can Teach the Big Guys About Marketing.
SWEAT EQUITY is a marketing manifesto for a hyper-connected world. It’s a call to arms, a declaration of principles, an ethos for companies to live by.
Importantly, it is a new and smarter way to market your brand in these tumultuous times in which technology and the ever-evolving media landscape have changed forever the way people communicate with each other and interact with brands, companies and organizations.
Vibrant online community
The goal of the SWEAT EQUITY website is to establish and maintain a progressive and vibrant online community, a place where we highlight and celebrate cool and clever marketing efforts by entrepreneurial small to medium-sized businesses and not-for-profits, emerging brands, fast-growth enterprises and, in some instances, major companies that understand intuitively how to communicate their brand in today’s social media-driven marketplace.
- We feature examples and case studies of smart brands that ‘get' the new marketing landscape.
- We examine what it takes to stand out from the 'white noise' in today’s information-overloaded marketplace and resonate with the public – your customers!
- At times we take a ‘helicopter view’ while on on other occasions we get down and dirty and look specifically at things you can do to get your brand ahead of the pack (whether that ‘brand’ be personal or your business – often, today, the two are significantly blurred!).
Hopefully we'll also soon introduce video and podcasts!
So if you want to better understand how to cut through the clutter and market your brand more effectively in today’s networked environment – if you genuinely are interested in becoming a smarter marketer and influencer – then SWEAT EQUITY is for you.
- Building a brand the Gary Vee way
- 6 brands that instil fun, passion and spirit into their communications
- Promotion Reworked Part 2: emulate chefs
- Promotion Reworked Part 1: build an audience
- Building brand stories that endure
- What brands can learn from the John Butler Trio
- Could your company form the basis of a best-selling book?
- Adding colour in a business world of beige
- So what's your name smart ass?
- Share the process, not just the results