"Blogging is extraordinary. Some see it as a business, an outlet, a diary, or a piece of art. The beauty is, it can be whatever you want it to be. Blogging has changed for me, over the past five years. My blog has actually helped shape my identity."
Eden's Edenland was also the winner of the competition's Personal/Lifestyle category, which attracted an impressive 526 entries.
Other category winners were:
- COMMENTARY - Feeding the Chooks (Martin McKenzie-Murray)
- PARENTING - Caro & Co (Caro Webster)
- BUSINESS - The Art of Storytelling (Bernadette Jiwa)
- WORDS - ANZ LitLovers LitBlog (Lisa Hill)
- PEOPLE'S CHOICE - TV Tonight (David Knox)
Anna Spargo-Ryan's Judging Your Breakfast was awarded 'Best New Blog', while Alexandra Virgo was named 'Best Young Blogger' for Alive and Blogging: The Life of a Modern Day Cave-Mama.
Underscoring the growth of the blogging movement in Australia, 1024 bloggers entered the 2012 competition - last year the competition attracted 570 entrants.
Check out the full entrants' list here (you'll need to scroll down a bit).